Monday, February 8, 2010

IS THE GRAPESEED OIL AND CASTILE SOAP WORKING?

It's been 5 days since I posted about Isaac's lobster red, thick skinned, dry, rough hands.


Can you see how his hands were thick and bumpy?  Well, after less than a week of eliminating the use of chemical laden hand soap by switching to all natural castile soap and having him follow up with a squirt of grapeseed oil to moisturize with afterwards - this is where we are today...


The color of his hands is almost back to normal. You can see on his right wrist a slight line of discoloration - but it's nothing like it was.


They are definitely soft and smooth again.  We are extremely pleased with the progress his hands are making.  After at least 6-8 weeks of nothing helping his hands at all - we are amazed at how quickly they are getting back to normal.

I won't be going back to regular handsoap.  I have been converted to the natural/pure soap group of folks and I will forever keep grapeseed oil in my pantry as well as my bathroom. 

If you or someone in your family is having issues with dry and sensitive skin, I highly recommend that you give this system a try.

Happy Homemaking!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Glad to see that your system is working! I'll have to remember the grape seed thing for the next time my skin gets dried out. I've noticed that around Thanksgiving or Christmas when I'm doing 10x the usual cooking (and incidentally washing way more dishes by hand), if I get any ultra dawn on my hands, they get that same dried out rashy thing for a few days. Ugh. Why must they put such harsh chemicals in commercial soaps?

loves2spin said...

I'm so glad for you! I know how frustrating it can be to deal with chapped skin on children.